Prosecutors take an aggressive stance when prosecuting violent crimes in Fort Worth and Tarrant County, TX. You also need an aggressive criminal defense attorney to help you fight the criminal charges. A criminal accusation for a crime of violence can be particularly burdensome if you hold a professional license to work as a physician, nurse or other health care professional, teacher or certified educator, lawyer, member of the military or member of law enforcement.
Under Texas law, crimes of violence often involve the use of force or the threat of force against the victim. The use of force can involve striking, hitting, pushing, or shoving another person. Penalties can be enhanced for the use of force can involve a dangerous weapon such as a firearm or knife.
Attorneys for Crimes of Violence in Tarrant County, TX
Our attorneys are familiar with the violent crime divisions of local law enforcement agencies in Tarrant County, TX. Call for a free consultation to discuss the charges pending against you, the penalties that accompany the charge, and important ways to fight for an outright dismissal.
Let us put our experience to work for you. Call (817) 422-5350 today to discuss your case.
Types of Violence Crimes in Tarrant County
The different types of crimes of violence commonly prosecuted in Tarrant County can include:
- Assault - Family Violence (often called "Domestic Violence")
- Aggravated Assault
- Assault by Strangulation, Choking or Smothering
- Assault against the Elderly or Disabled
- Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Assault involving Injury to a Child
- Reckless Injury to a Child
- Attempted Assault of a Public Servant
- Abandoning or Endangering a Child
- Terroristic Threat
- Aiding Suicide
- Tampering with Consumer Product
- Leaving a Child in a Vehicle
- Deadly Conduct
Crime in Texas Reports in TxDPS - Visit the website for the Texas Department of Public Safety to find the annual Texas Crime Reports for violent crime rates. The goal of the Uniform Crime Reporting program is to provide reliable crime statistics related to family and non-family violence.
Finding Lawyers for Violent Crimes in Tarrant County, TX
The attorneys at Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy in Tarrant County, TX, represent clients charged with violent crimes at the Tim Curry Criminal Justice Center at 401 West Belknap in Fort Worth, Texas. Crimes of assault can involve simple assault or aggravated forms of assault involving strangulation, choking or smothering. Assault penalties are also enhanced for certain types of vulnerable victims including law enforcement officers, emergency service personnel, the elderly over 65 years of age, and disabled adults.
Other crimes involving violent include:
- Robbery - Crimes of robbery or aggravated robbery involve an allegation that you caused bodily injury to another person in the course of committing a theft.
- Assault - Texas law provides for a wide range of assaultive offenses against a family member or a non-family member.
- Aggravated Assault - Crimes for aggravated assault involve either the use of a deadly weapon or an assault causing serious bodily injury.
- Family Violence - An assault against a family member, intimate partner or dating partner comes with harsh penalties.
Call (817) 422-5350 today to discuss your case. We can begin your defense today.
This article was last updated on Monday, April 17, 2017.