- Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy
- Criminal Defense
- Violent Crimes
- Sports Participant
Assault Against a Sports Participant
The attorneys at Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy represent clients charged with assaultive offenses against another, including for threats or offensive touching of a sports participant under Texas Penal Code, Sec. 22.01(c)(2). The offense of assault against a sports participant is charged as a Class B Misdemeanor.
If you were arrested for or charged by information with the offense of assault of a sports participant, allegedly committed in Tarrant County, then contact an attorney at Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy in Fort Worth, TX.
Call (817) 422-5350 to discuss your case today.
Elements of Assault on a Sports Participant in Fort Worth, TX
The elements of the crime of assault on a sports participant requires proof beyond all reasonable doubt of the following:
- the defendant is not a sports participant;
- the defendant intentionally or knowingly;
- threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse;
- causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative against a person the actor knows is a sports participant while the participant is performing duties or responsibilities in the participant's capacity as a sports participant; or
- in retaliation for or on account of the participant's performance of a duty or responsibility within the participant's capacity as a sports participant.
The definition of “sports participant” is a person who participates in any official capacity with respect to an interscholastic, intercollegiate, or other organized amateur or professional athletic competition and includes an athlete, referee, umpire, linesman, coach, instructor, administrator, or staff member.
Finding a Lawyer for Sports Participant Assaults in Tarrant County. TX
If you are charged with the crime of assault of a sports participant, then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy. We represent clients charged with a variety of criminal offenses including assault and aggravated assault in Fort Worth, TX.
We also represent clients charged with assault involving a sports participant, assault by strangulation or choking, assault against an elderly or disabled person, and assault against an emergency service personnel employee.
Call (817) 422-5350 today to discuss your case.
This article was last updated on Monday, April 17, 2017.