Upon graduation from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Brian Bolton was hired by the Dallas County District Attorney's Office and quickly developed a reputation as one of the most thorough, aggressive prosecutors. He was later named Chief Prosecutor and in addition to mentoring younger Assistant District Attorneys, Brian also trained police officers on how to properly conduct Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) investigations, testify in court hearings, and gather evidence to build cases against DWI suspects.
Brian utilizes this experience on the other side of the aisle to the advantage of the clients he now defends at Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy. Brian is renowned in the greater Tarrant County area for his DWI jury selection and arresting officer cross-examination abilities. He is an active member of both the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA) and the Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (DCDLA).
- State Bar of Texas — 2002
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- Bachelor of Arts — Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Bachelor of Science, Philosophy — University of Memphis, Tennessee
- Juris Doctor — Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (DCDLA)
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA)
Awards and Recognitions
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star — 2011